domingo, 30 de septiembre de 2012

A day of volunteering is a great way to end the year!

 
limon costa rica real estate
nosara costa rica real estate
real estate costa rica caribbean

December 30:  Today Jon and I volunteered with the Sacramento Salvation Army for the distribution of coats to needy families.  There were thousands of coats from infant size to XXX adult – coats for the entire family. 

Many of the coats were donated as a result of the Coats for Kids drive promoted by our local abc-tv affiliate, channel 10 news, and the distribution took place from around 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.  Jon and I were on the noon-4pm shift.

It was wonderful seeing so many families come in for coats.  I had to talk some of the adults into looking for coats for themselves – they were concerned only with their children.  There werJon and Susan at Coats for Kids distribution 2011e over 25,000 coats donated for this year’s distribution, and there were great styles in all sizes.

All coats were clean and in good condition – not like shopping in a thrift shop where you have to watch out for stains or tears.

Interestingly, I was there just to help people with their coats, but in discussions with other volunteers during lulls in the crowds, I discussed real estate and exchanged business cards with several people.  I also met Sharon Ito, one of the reporters from Channel 10 News, who was doing live shots from the event.  She and I had several nice conversations during the day.

I guess it turned out to be a networking event as well as an opportunity to volunteer.  One gal I met has an interesting business that we might be able to recommend to our clients, and I will be calling her to learn more and perhaps have her give a short presentation to one of our office meetings.

Tomorrow I’ll post some video I took today, after I’ve had an opportunity to edit it.

 

******************

Susan Neal                              "Happy clients make me happy."
Broker / Realtor
Century 21 Noel David Realty
Fair Oaks, California

 

Full time real estate services in Fair Oaks CA, with friendly professionalism, 30+ years experience.  

I work hard to give my buyer or seller a low-stress transaction.

For all your real estate needs or questions, call me at (916)705-8951 or visit my website at www.SusanNealFineProperties.com.

 

HUD homes resource         Search HUD Homes

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario