sábado, 29 de septiembre de 2012

How does NAR define what constitutes member benefits?

Every REALTOR pays dues to NAR as well as their state and local associations.  These dues pay for a long list of services, the most important of which are the marketing and political affairs efforts.  Along with those are a bunch of "member benefits".  Several of these, particularly digital signature software and forms software, are duplicated by redundant similar benefits offered by the state and local associations.  Are we spending money duplicating efforts?

If I pay dues to an organization, I'd like that money used for something that's actually useful.  Even more important, I'd like my state and local associations NOT to duplicate the effort of the national organization.  Find the best solution and work with it.  Of course, what constitutes the best solution varies.  What I think is the best software may not be to someone else.  Regardless, I'd like to see my dues used more efficiently.

Do we need to look at what NAR and our associations spend money on to get deliver real "member benefits"? 

How does NAR define what becomes a member benefit?  Are the ones they offer worth it?

What I'm getting at is that it would be nice to see our dues used more effectively with better coordination between state and local boards.  If you're working with your local and/or state association, perhaps you can try to work out benefits with less overlap.

 


If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe HERE!

 Want to know more about me?  Just Google Me! 

 

 Bryan Robertson, Broker Associate | T: 650.799.9951 | Email: bryan@serenogroup.com | Website: http://www.BryanRobertsonHomes.com |CA License: 01191946 | Sereno Group - Los Altos branch | 369 S. San Antonio Road | Los Altos, CA 94022

 

Find Me Online!

Bryan Robertson FacebookRebekah Radice TwitterBryan Robertson LinkedinBryan Robertson Blog

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario