martes, 23 de octubre de 2012

I feel my marketing brings value to my clients

Just read a post "Does our marketing devalue our substance?"  And while I said to Tanya Nowwens there I will also repeat here that I'd never ever tell her that she's wrong for doing what works for her and she feels comfortable with, however her stick to real estate and syndication opinions are ones that are not for me.  I think we all have to "find our voice" and do what works for us.  I only mentioned her post because it inspired mine.

I am Eatonton, GA and I am Lake Sinclair.   I was born here. I live here, I go to church here, I attended school here, I shop here, I attend parades and festivals here, I dine out here, I work here and I KNOW the real estate market here.  This is my home and I of course feel like I should, and so I do blog about all the great things around here that you do can do when you visit or live here.

I love to share my opinions of my favorite places to eat here.  I love to share my lake has 417 miles of shoreline that has a beauty that on the worst of days you can sit out on your deck and look out over the lake and forget whatever troubles you have for just a moment and then go back to dealing with them after a break.  I love that I can shop in every store at the local "Milledgeville Mall" in under an hour. 

So what happens if I get that call from my "New theater opens on Lake Oconee" post that is now nearly 4 years old and they ask right after I answer the phone "Thank you for calling Lane Realty, this is Tammy, how can I help you?" is met with a reply of  "Can you tell me what's playing tonight?"  I follow by oh you must have stumbled on my Spotlight Theater post I wrote, I don't know what's playing right now, but I can tell you their phone number is 706-999-9999 and if your computer is still on that page there's a blue link to the actual theater website right there in the post. 

Now when I handle those calls this way, sometimes they say thanks and hang up, but about 50% of the time they engage me in conversation.  People are always curious about our market.  I always tell them if they "Google"  Lake Sinclair market reports they can find out, but I generally chat with them for a while too.  I ask where they live and I talk about going to the movies with my husband being one of our favorite things to do for our "date nights".  I just usually end up "talking" to them for a few minutes.

My mama has always said about me, "she's never met a stranger".  Apparently even as a toddler I would go to any outreached arms of someone who wanted to hold me.  I've always loved people and find meeting new people interesting.  Maybe that's why I love this business so much that I've stayed in for 21 years now.  Just had someone stop by my office just now who is not currently a potential client.  She was inquiring about a rental for a friend.  Lane Realty doesn't do rentals.  But I did however, give her the name of an agent who does, their cell phone number and website to pass along to her friend.  She stayed a while and she asked me about the market.  She thanked me for being helpful and not just brushing her off because we don't do rentals.  She said if she knew anyone looking to buy or sell she's certainly send them to me.

So I say what's the difference in someone calling to ask why they can't bring dogs to the Deep Roots festival this weekend and me engaging them in conversation because they called about my post any different from the fact that I stuck up a conversation that got around to real estate when I asked a tall man at Kroger to get get something off the shelf for me?  I like people.  I talk to people.  And if you ask someone you meet what they do, chances are they ask you back. 

So yes, sometimes I "market" about what I made for dinner.  Sometimes I "market" about a new listing. Sometimes I "market" that my animal shelter is holding a low cost rabies vaccine clinic this weekend.  When I post to my blog, I'm just "talking to people", perhaps people I haven't met yet, but none the less I'm just talking to people.  Like I said... this is my home and I love living here and I'll always share that with anyone I get to talk to and meet.  So if that's how I "market" I don't think I've devalued my substance as a broker. 

But again, I do what works for me and every one should find what works for them.  If you only want to blog about real estate matters, I don't think YOU are wrong.  But I'm not wrong for bringing my community and my knowledge and love for all things in my community to my "marketing" either.  My readers (those who tell me they read my posts) seem to like it.

What do you think?

 

706-485-9668

Tammy@Lake-Sinclair.com

(Click on Lane Realty Logo for web site)

Tammy Lankford, Broker/Owner

 

Broker License # 169695  Lane Realty License # H-11420

Call me today for all your Lake Sinclair real estate needs.

Subscribe to my Blog here!

 

We always have water at lake sinclair Lake Sinclair stays full even during droughts.  Click to read why and how.

 Search for homes on Lake Sinclair now

For readers who are not members of ActiveRain feel free to also add your comments or you can click on the EMAIL me link to the right of this blog and email me.  Thanks for reading.

All content belongs to me unless otherwise stated.  Do not use without permission.  Logos and photographs may also be copyright registered. Please do not use without my express written permission.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario