martes, 23 de octubre de 2012

I'll Only Work With The Listings Agent

 

The Southern Californian "Buyer's Market" is over! We are moving inventory as fast as it shows up on the market (time to focus on listings again). When working with buyers, I have to shift my efforts more to developing a personal relationship with the listing agent.....demonstrate why they should want to work with me instead of someone else.

Trust me....although the seller makes the decision, that's only based on price. All things being equal, a listing agent is always going to push an agent they feel they can work with easily.

I've worked hard to develop online lead development as well as pipeline. What I'm noticing, however, is that more and more prospects are calling me thinking I'm the listing agent. I'm not claiming this...but there is a consumer misunderstanding about IDX search results.

The trend toward calling the listing agent is the belief that allowing an agent to "double end" is the only way these buyers can get the home. Anctidoctally, they seem to be right. In out area, listing agents are routinely beginning to represent the buyers as well.

It used to be the case where the buyers believed they would save something by doing this. That they can negotiate a lower price based on reducing the agent's commission. Now...it's just getting the home for themselves. With such a low inventory....this gives them a leg up on the competition.

Discussion? And remember....in California, dual agency is legal.

 

 

 Karen Fiddler
Broker/Associate
The Fiddler Realty Team/eVantage Real Estate
Lic # 01494165

www.SearchForOrangeCountyHomes.com

Serving all of Orange County, California Real Estate!
Buyer's Agents, Listing Agents, Short Sales, REOs, Equity Sales, Investors

SEARCH THE MLS HERE

Orange County Home Search 
Orange County Foreclosures
Orange County Short Sales
Buyer Information
Seller FAQs
Contact Us With Your Questions

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario