martes, 16 de octubre de 2012

Kids and real estate. The good. The bad. The ugly.

 

 


The good.  Yesterday I showed homes a young family with three kids.  The son held the screen door while I opened the lock box.  The oldest daughter asked me if the home was a foreclosure, and then thanked me for my time and for showing them the home.  The youngest daughter told me I was cool and told me that even though she wanted to touch things in the home, her mom said not to, so she wouldn't.  :) 

 

 

 

 The bad.  I showed another family homes a few months ago.  The kids were a little younger and very anxious to see the toys in the kid's rooms.  And play with them.  And put things in their nose.  One of the kids tried to take some matchbox cars home with him via his coat pocket.  He wasn't very happy that his mom said no, and ended up crying and screaming and kicking his way all the way out to the car.  Fun times.  

 

 

 

 

The ugly.  I met a family at the first showing.  They seemed nice enough.  I opened the front door and the kids were off and running.  Oh, they were screaming too.  They were grabbing toys, looking in the fridge, and even tried to turn on the game console.  I politely asked the parents to get a hold of them, and they both helplessly rolled their eyes.  At one point, while I was trying to talk to the parents, the little girl stomped on my foot, looked up at me, and screamed bloody murder at the top of her lungs.  The parents decided to write an offer, so in between the kid's screaming, we wrote the offer.  It only took an hour and a half to get it written because of all of the interruptions and chaos.  It wasn't pleasant.  

 

 

The point of my story is this...  if you have super duper young kids, it's probably best if you get a sitter while viewing homes.  If you have super duper polite kids that have wonderful manners, then by all means bring them along.  If you have super duper out of control kids that will wreak havoc and destroy all homes in their path and you are not willing to do anything about their behavior...  I can give you a competitor's information if you like.  :)  Have a great week!  

 

The Christiansen Team.  Real People.  Real solutions.  

REALRealEstateFortWayne.com

Text JARED to 260.493.3519 for your own personal mobile app!  Search for homes right from your smart phone.  It's free and exclusive to Century 21 Bradley agents and their friends and clients.  


They didn't help us a find a house.  They helped us find the RIGHT house.  Kerry & Alice

They assured us that they could sell our home quickly.  Then they did.  Chris & Audrey

They listened to ME.  They made it about ME.  I love them!  LaToya

I was scared that I wouldn't find the right home.  With their help, I did!  Patti

They didn't EVER try to upsell us or push us into anything.  They were patient.  Meg & Robert

They treated us like millon dollar clients, even though we weren't!  Shawn & Kevin

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario