martes, 23 de octubre de 2012

What's the Buyer do for a living?

I just love this story, happened several years ago. 

I listed an Amherst NH home for sale The owners were an older couple, very old fashioned as was their decorating, you know paisley recliners, retro kitchen and shag carpeting.  I thought it was going to be a tough sell based on how it showed, but its location was great, it had water frontage and we priced it to sell.

I receive an offer on a Friday morning and give them a call.  Mrs. Seller answers and I ask if I can come over and discuss the offer I have for them.   Mrs. Seller says, "my husband is taking a nap, he'll be sleeping for a couple of hours, can we do it later?"  Yes of course I say,  "how about 3 PM?"   Perfect.  As we are finishing our conversation and ready to hang up she says, "What does the buyer do for a living?"  Hmmm, interesting question, I would have expected "how much are they offering?"   I tell her "he's a pilot."

I arrive at 255, always 5 minutes early or you're late in my book.  We sit down at the kitchen table and I pull out the offer.  We discuss the terms and price and Mr. Seller says "What does the buyer do for a living?"  I am thinking What?  What is their interest in his profession?  This is the second time they have asked what the buyer does for a living and they don't seem to be focusing on the offer. 

I tell him that the buyer is a pilot for a private company and will be working locally out of the Nashua Airport. Mr. Seller turns to Mrs. Seller and says, "See, I told you he wasn't a pirate!"

You have no idea how hard it was for me not to bust out laughing.  You CAN'T make this stuff up!

 

 

 

NH Home SearchEmail MeNH home value CMA


Rene Brin

A leader in Southern NH real estate

603 672-2004 Direct Line

www.renebrin.com

Relax, You’ve Made the Right Choice


Search Nashua NH Properties

Search Bedford NH Real Estate

Search Amherst NH Real Estate

Search Merrimack NH Homes

Search Nashua NH Real Estate

Search Nashua NH homes

Search Manchester NH Real Estate

 

 


Copyright 2011 Brin Realty Group, Use Prohibited without Permission

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario