jueves, 4 de octubre de 2012

What is a Handshake in Real Estate?

What is a Handshake in Real Estate?  It means goodwill, trust and follow through in myginny and her hands
 book!  Rarely uses I might add since it is all about contracts and protecting oneself or clients.  There was a time when even Scrooge would enjoy the quick handshake with you on a loan.  But those days are mostly gone.  However, every now and then I will resort to a handshake with another realtor to seal a deal.  Yes, really so hold your tongue and fingers...  There are times that you just know that it is the right thing.

A few months ago I referred my clients to a rental agent in another town.  I did not know the gentleman but he had a great reputation so I set off to see if he was the one that could make this rental happen for the homeowners.  I sent the clients his way to rent out their home.  It was an email plus a phone handshake.   The house is now rented so he called me up to tell me and to remind me to send along my commission bill to him.  Now I consider this extraordinary in this day and times.  Does it say something about him?  Sure does.

REACHING HANDSIt is a sinking feeling in the gut when the handshake does not work...I like to say that is a great feeling in my waterfront RI real estate business to have the outcome right with a fellow business person.

When the handshake works in this business who do you thank?  Is it the gut feeling and intuition, I want to say yes/no...but right now I will take the yes in this one.  Reverting to our forefather ways of doing business is just not always the right thing to do.  This time it was ...I hope the next time does as well.  What is a Handshake in Real Estate?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Ginny Lacey Gorman is a North Kingstown Realtor who works and knows the North Kingstown RI geographic area of homes for sale, schools, happenings and important tidbits of information well.

Waterfront, water view, ocean front, luxury and coastal Rhode Island real estate are my specialty.  If your considering Buying, Selling or Relocating to Rhode Island and need a real estate Professional it would be my pleasure to help you!    When you are in need of an internet savvy RI realtor® who sells homes in this real estate marketcall Ginny today at 401.529.7849.

This blog © and its contents is original to Ginny Lacey Gorman

Ginny L. Gorman a purveyor of Fine RI Real Estate  

Specializing in waterfront, ocean front, vacation, coastal and luxury homes for sale in North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Narragansett, Jamestown, Charlestown, East Greenwich, Exeter, West Greenwich, Westerly RI and beyond ...  I sell dreams!  because there is no place like home...the RI Realtor in the Sparkly Red Shoes.

Looking for a terrific Rhode Island Realtor?  Let me GOOGLE one for you!

            

Facebook   Flckr  LinkedIn RSS Feed to My Blog

You Tube button    Twitter

cell: 401.529.7849   office: 401.884.4100 ext.268   Ginny Lacey Gorman, Realtor

www.RIHouseHunt.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario